Friday 5 September 2014

PhoneShop


PhoneShop is one of my favourite modern comedies, love the whole modern London feel to it, the street way of talking, the grime music and the attitude of the characters. PhoneShop, Sutton get visited regularly by complete nutters. It did take me a while to watch it for the first time as some of my mates said it was crap. I loved it though, I watched the first two seasons in one night.


All the main cast are fantastic but the back and forth between Ashley (Andrew Brooke) and Jerwayne (Javone Prince) is a highlight of the show. If man says him a ting then him a ting.


The comedy legend Kayvan Novak (Four Lions and Fonejacker) shows up now and then as the power mad area manager, Razz Prince, who thinks he's a bad ass in a John Woo movie.


Another reason I love this show is Emma Fryer as Janine. She's a great looking girl with a smashing body but that's not the only reason I like her, she's also a great actress and I don't know of any women that can play crazy as well as she can. Janine is such a scary character, always quiet with the stare of a psychopath. I wouldn't trust her in a survival situation.




No comments:

Post a Comment